spot_imgspot_img

SJH vs VIP ILT20 2024: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Pitch Report and T20 Records & Stats

SJH vs VIP ILT20 2024: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Pitch Report and T20 Records & Stats

Share post:

In Match 30 of the International League T20 2024 at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, the Sharjah Warriors (SJH) clash with the Desert Vipers (VIP). Historically, Sharjah Warriors hold a slight edge with a 1-0 lead over Desert Vipers. Both teams are gearing up for this pivotal encounter, with Sharjah Warriors having won 4 out of their 9 matches, while Desert Vipers secured victories in 3 out of 9.

In their recent outing against Abu Dhabi Knight Riders, Sharjah Warriors demonstrated dominance, clinching a 7-wicket victory. Abu Dhabi Knight Riders struggled, managing only 94 runs before being bowled out in 17 overs. Sharjah Warriors chased down the target comfortably in just 13.5 overs, with key performances from Liam Livingstone, scoring 30 runs, Joe Denly, contributing 18 runs and claiming 2 wickets, and Adil Rashid, who took 4 wickets to restrict the opposition.

Contrarily, Desert Vipers suffered a setback in their previous match against Dubai Capitals, enduring a 5-wicket defeat. Despite posting 171 runs, led by Alex Hales’ impressive 66-run knock, Desert Vipers couldn’t defend their total as Dubai Capitals chased down the target in the last ball of the innings. Phil Salt added 26 runs with the bat, while Sam Curran took 2 wickets in a commendable bowling effort.

SJH vs VIP ILT20 2024: Sharjah Cricket Stadium Pitch Report Today Match

The Sharjah Cricket Stadium pitch is anticipated to favor the bowlers, particularly benefiting pacers, making it conducive for chasing, with a 70% probability. Pace bowling is expected to dominate with a 70% likelihood, while spin bowling holds a 30% chance of making an impact. With an average score of 122, the pitch leans towards being more favorable for bowling, with a 60% probability, compared to batting, which stands at 40%.

SJH vs VIP ILT20 2024: Sharjah Cricket Stadium T20 Records & Stats

The Sharjah Cricket Stadium has hosted 35 T20 International matches since its first match on March 3, 2013, until the last match on January 2, 2024. Notably, the home side has won only 1 match (2.86%), while touring sides have won 2 matches (5.71%). The majority of matches have been won by neutral sides, accounting for 32 victories (91.43%).

In terms of batting, teams batting first have won 20 matches (57.14%), while teams chasing have won 15 matches (42.86%). Interestingly, there’s a nearly equal distribution of wins between teams winning and losing the toss, with 18 wins (51.43%) and 17 wins (48.57%), respectively. There have been no tied matches or matches with no result recorded.

Some notable individual and team performances include Mohammad Shahzad’s unbeaten 118* for Afghanistan against Zimbabwe on October 1, 2016, and Samiullah Shinwari’s impressive bowling figures of 5/13 for Afghanistan against Kenya on November 24, 2013. The highest team innings recorded is 215/6 by Afghanistan against Zimbabwe on October 1, 2016, while the lowest team innings stands at 38 runs by Hong Kong against Pakistan on September 2, 2022. Sri Lanka holds the record for the highest successful run chase, achieving 179/6 against Afghanistan on September 3, 2022.

On average, there have been 21.23 runs scored per wicket and 7.30 runs per over. The average score batting first at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium is 151 runs.

Also read: ILT20 2024: Match 30, SJH vs VIP Match Prediction: Who Will Win Today’s ILT20 Match between Sharjah Warriors vs Desert Vipers?

CitySharjah
CountryUnited Arab Emirates
First T20 Match03/03/2013
Last T20 Match02/01/2024
Matches Played35
Matches Won by Home Side1 (2.86%)
Matches Won by Touring Side2 (5.71%)
Matches Won by Neutral Side32 (91.43%)
Matches Won Batting First20 (57.14%)
Matches Won Batting Second15 (42.86%)
Matches Won Winning Toss18 (51.43%)
Matches Won Losing Toss17 (48.57%)
Matches Tied0 (0.00%)
Matches with No Result0 (0.00%)
Highest Individual Innings118*Mohammad Shahzad (Afghanistan)10/01/2016 v Zimbabwe
Best Bowling5/13Samiullah Shinwari (Afghanistan)24/11/2013 v Kenya
Highest Team Innings215/6 (Afghanistan)10/01/2016 v Zimbabwe
Lowest Team Innings38 (Hong Kong)02/09/2022 v Pakistan
Highest Run Chase Achieved179/6 (Sri Lanka)03/09/2022 v Afghanistan
Average Runs per Wicket21.23
Average Runs per Over7.30
Average Score Batting First151

Related articles

Cricket News